Good CURRICULUM VITAE is Starting Point towards Fruitful Career
CURRICULUM VITAE ISN’T ABOUT MARKETING, RATHER IT IS ABOUT PRESENTING YOURSELF IN FORMALIZED WORLD OF ACADEMICS, AND/OR APPLYING FOR YOUR FIRST JOB AFTER COURSE OF STUDY
Graduating students are often confused on many things but one thing that often set their heart beats to full palpitation is the CURRICULUM VITAE.
It is the most CRUCIAL DOCUMENT that would bring a big change in the career. And it is also one of the serious concerns for graduating students, especially when they are at the end of their college years.
Irrespective of the prestigious college or reputed university, or popular course of study, you are enrolled into, the END MOVE will be decided on your presentation, and here I mean “IT IS ESSENTIALLY YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE.”
- YOU don’t need to go into any GUESS WORK while creating an IMPACTFUL CURRICULUM VITAE;
- YOU don’t need to COPY PASTE the CONTENT from PEER’s CURRICULUM VITAE;
- YOU don’t need to SHOW WHAT YOU DON’T HAVE IN YOU;
- YOU don’t need to CREATE THE SNAZZY FORMAT.
What You Need to Do, Then?
BE ORIGINAL AND BE YOURSELF. DON’T TRY HANGING THE BELL IN YOUR NECK AND RING IT ALOUD.
- YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE SHOULD BE VERY SPECIFIC, YET ELABORATIVE;
- YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE SHOULD HAVE THE MUSH, BUT NOT OVERFLOWING;
- YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE SHOULD BE CREATIVE, BUT NOT A PIECE OF ADVERTORIAL;
- YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE SHOULD HAVE SIMPLE FORMAT, BUT NOT GIVE ANY DULL APPEARANCE.
THE DETAILS OF YOUR EDUCATION AND COURSE OF STUDY SHOULD COME AS HIGHLIGHTING FEATURE.
YOUR PURPOSE SHOULD BE CLEARLY DELINEATED AND WELL ALIGNED.
And NOW THE LANGUAGE PART…
YOU NEED TO BE EXTRAORDINARILY GOOD USER OF LANGUAGE TO WRITE A GOOD CURRICULUM VITAE. AVERAGE USERS OFTEN TRY TO UNDERPLAY OR OVERPLAY WITH THE WHOLE THING AND A CRAP IS WHAT COMES OUT EVENTUALLY.
UNIVERSITY DEAN OR RECTOR WON’T ENTERTAIN THE CRAP, AND THEREFORE, YOU COUNT YOURSELF OUT RIGHTLY OUT.
Foremost of everything else, what should your CURRICULUM VITAE look like?
I would have a rather simple answer… It should look like CURRICULUM VITAE. It should not look like anything else.
CURRICULUM VITAE should have elaborate description on your:
- Honors and Awards
- Academic Experience
- Publications and Presentations
- Extracurricular and Volunteer Activities
Besides, it would be a better game play if you ADD your:
- Certifications and License
- Professional Affiliations
- Professional Activities
- Research Area
Not all CVs are good and not all are bad. But, one big trouble that I found in most of cases with CVs was that it had lot of copying and pasting. How could two students from two different and diversified educational backgrounds have similar choice of words?
It sounds confusing and fairytale, but still, it is the truth that is happening, and quite common among the student fraternity.
And just in case you are stuck, I am here to offer you my professional CV Writing Services.
WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T EVER TRY TO EXAGGERATE ABOUT YOURSELF (YOU CAN DO ALL THAT VERBALLY WITH YOUR CRONIES IN THE RESTAURANT OR BAR OR AT HOME.)